Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
writing what you use? do software

What writing software do you use?
Just wondering what writing software people use. I use Scrivner , though I previously used Celtx  ( which has a basic free version), Amazon also have a free scripting tool.

What writing software do you guys use? and how do you script your projects?
Notepad++ am I a weirdo?

Signing of InkLING ARE YOU A KID OR A SQUID?
I find my tastes are rather basic on such matters. Microsoft Publisher helps me out a lot, purely because I find it easier to navigate to the page I want on the scrolling sidebar than the entire page scrolling of Word.
So I haven't really produced a fandub or anything like this in a while, but I usually use Google Drive since it's easy to just set up a document as if it was Microsoft word or something and either download it as a PDF to send to my cast or share the google drive document directly (I prefer to do both).

I've used Celtx once for my part of a group radioplay project on another site and it was good though! I like how it has everything templated specifically for scripting.
[quote pid='162' dateline='1458455986']

I've used Celtx once for my part of a group radioplay project on another site and it was good though! I like how it has everything templated specifically for scripting.
[/quote]

Yeah it's pretty good, I also like that it has stuff like BBC format templates available, which was handy when I entered one of their writing contests/submission window things.

Google Drive is pretty good though,I was using it for a game project and we could live edit whilst on Skype meetings. Biggest problem there is some weird formatting stuff which caused errors when we imported into the engine.
Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. I think I'm the weird one here 0.0
Haha there's nowt wrong with Word.
Personally, I prefer to use Google Docs. That way, if I need to make a change to the script after I've sent it out to the cast, it updates in real-time, and I don't have to send out a new copy to everyone.

Signing of DoktorApplejuce
[Image: jPLHZY9.png]