Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
what call your agents first clubs job was voice discussion casting acting job?

What was your first voice acting job?
What was your first voice acting role and where/how were you cast? What made you decide to start voice acting in the first place?

I've written about it before but I was messing around with recording for a while before I found the Voice Acting Resource Centre and auditioned for the role in the anime fan dub of Sailor Moon. I was eventually cast as Ami and Luna. I knew nothing about Sailor Moon at the time so it was a steep learning curve. Back then it was a popular show with a heavily edited dub...but also with a Japanese uncut laserdisc release and a soundtrack which included the anime SFX XD....so it must have been the most dubbed show there.

So where did you all get started and what was the first role you performed?

Signing of Azure
[Image: CoPQuxG.png]
I have yet to do VA as a job, so I guess I don't really count. But I did personal tapedeck audiidrama things when I was like 5-6, so I think that was around... 1992? 1993?

The first time I did VA for a third party... hmm... I can't really recall, but I'd say probably around 2002-2003 for a Starcraft project. I believe I did some VA for Metathrom and a few others around that period. I did VA for wc3 projects around 2004 and 2005 for sure, though none of them were ever finished (Heart of Storms/Dawn of Chaos amongst many others).