Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
rings unpaid of the rts mod lord

Video Game [UNPAID] Lord of the Rings RTS mod
Hey everyone!

I'm Mathijs, a founding member of the Age of the Ring mod for Rise of the Witch-king. 

After our first release, we are now looking for voice actors to voice our new units and hero characters. It's a Lord of the Rings project, so this is an opportunity to get in character for some famous and less-famous book and film characters. It's an RTS game, so the lines will mostly be short and to the point, with occasional yelling and dying!

We are currently working on finishing all of our scripts. However, since this is very much an ongoing process, we've decided to start looking.

The way we'd like for this to work is for you to pick a number of lines (minimum of 5) from each script you'd like to voice and send them to me (PM me here or find my e-mail in my profile). Based on this we'll decide if we like your work and give direction. If you're unsure about something and would like to discuss pronunciations, you can join our Discord and we can speak there.

FIND AND DOWNLOAD THE SCRIPTS HERE

The deadline for these roles is August 10th. As roles become filled, we will make more scripts available. 

Some technical information: due to the game we are modding, sound files must be exported as mono in the .wav format. You're free to put your audition in a single file.

I don't expect to get much of a response, but thanks to those that have read this far! 

Signing of MathijsRevora Lead artist on the Age of the Ring mod for Rise of the Witch-king
Hi
Can you add a deadline please?

Signing of Azure
[Image: CoPQuxG.png]
(07-30-2017, 09:02 PM)Azure Wrote: Hi
Can you add a deadline please?

Hello. I've set a deadline: before Christmas. Is that too long a stretch?

Signing of MathijsRevora Lead artist on the Age of the Ring mod for Rise of the Witch-king
I've updated the scripts list with the Lothlórien Announcer - an important role for the upcoming release. You'll be heard a lot, by a lot of people.

EDIT: Added scripts for Celeborn the brothers Rumil and Orophin. Rumil and Orophin are fully in Elvish (Sindarin) so that will be quite a challenge. I'm hoping somebody is crazy enough to try it. We will offer help for pronunciation through Discord.

Christmas is prob a bit late as you want it voiced before then. My advice would be to set it shorter to give people time to record.

Signing of Azure
[Image: CoPQuxG.png]
I don't want them voiced before then, really. As said in the OP, we have time. But sure, I'll make it November 31st.

Citadel Guards, Beregond, and the Lothlórien announcer are cast. More scripts will be added soon.

(08-02-2017, 01:32 AM)MathijsRevora Wrote: I don't want them voiced before then, really. As said in the OP, we have time. But sure, I'll make it November 31st.

Citadel Guards, Beregond, and the Lothlórien announcer are cast. More scripts will be added soon.

Hi! I'm highly interested in this, however, is there any female roles? I can't seem to find any.
(08-02-2017, 09:59 AM)sunbear Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 01:32 AM)MathijsRevora Wrote: I don't want them voiced before then, really. As said in the OP, we have time. But sure, I'll make it November 31st.

Hi! I'm highly interested in this, however, is there any female roles? I can't seem to find any.

Yes, there are. I haven't written the scripts yet, though. Our Lothlórien faction will have two female heroes that need voicing: Idrial and Anarië. I'll get to writing these.

MathijsRevora
(08-02-2017, 09:59 AM)sunbear Wrote:

Yes, there are. I haven't written the scripts yet, though. Our Lothlórien faction will have two female heroes that need voicing: Idrial and Anarië. I'll get to writing these.

Sounds good! I look forward to getting to those
A quick update: The response we've been getting has been overwhelming - unexpectedly so. I'm so grateful to all of you. Because of this I'm editing the list of scripts linked to in the first post to reflect some early castings (if I leave them open for much longer, I won't be able to keep up with all interested parties!) and will be updating it soon with a new batch of scripts.