Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
amp xanadu legend action falcom parts ii i of the rpgs nihon 50

Video Game The Legend of Xanadu I & II - Nihon Falcom Action-RPGs (50+ parts)
[Image: Fo0M8BO.png][Image: ya2IzDp.png]

CLOSED

Thanks to all who auditioned! We'll be deciding the cast in the coming days!

----------------------------------------------

For well over a year, I have been working with a very talented programmer to create fan-translations of two magnificent PC Engine CD games by Nihon Falcom: The Legend of Xanadu and The Legend of Xanadu II

We've not only gotten the scripts 100% translated, but they are also inserted and displaying in both games. Two thorough play-test edits have been completed, and all of the Japanese title-logos are replaced with original English graphics. The only thing that remains to be done is an English dub for the special animated scenes interspersed throughout both games.

Due to the large quantity of information, I'll post links to our project site:

The character list <- Everything you need to audition is here.

An introduction to The Legend of Xanadu

Screenshots of the translations

A basic intro for non-gamers

Voiced scenes in The Legend of Xanadu (youtube)

Voiced scenes in The Legend of Xanadu II (youtube)

If you are interested, we would be delighted to receive your audition. There are over 50 parts and over one hour of solid speaking time, so there is plenty of work to do. Fortunately, all sound effects, BGM, and line-positions are completely set up in Audacity already. I could show everyone a rough preview within a day if I had all of the recordings right now.

We are going to provide our translation for free, and anyone who wants to join in the dub-project should be willing to do it for the purposes of fun and sharing only - we are unable to provide monetary compensation. However, this will probably be played by thousands of people and is the largest project of its kind in the retro-game fan-translation community, so there might be some small notoriety to be gained as well.

The initial casting period will end May 19th. Feel free to ask any questions. Otherwise, we will be glad to get your audition! Thank you for looking!
This looks like an awesome project, thanks for posting a well written audition. Will get an audition to you soon.

Signing of Azure
[Image: CoPQuxG.png]
Wonderful! We're looking forward to it. Thank you very much!

EDIT: We got it! Smile
As soon as I am able to, you will be getting many auditions from me Smile
Was anyone here interesting in trying out for Sophia but found the time limit impossible?

We just learned that we made a mistake on the webpage. The target time for her first audition line is 12.4 seconds, not 7.0 seconds. We'll be updating this as soon as possible. Sorry for the confusion!

Anyway, I'm very grateful for the many auditions we've received so far. It's been a lot of fun for me to go through them, and I hope that everyone else has enjoyed the process as well.

Since we made such a long audition period, I'm trying my best to give meaningful feedback to everyone, and encouraging them to refine and resubmit their auditions. Some people have managed to improve and raise their standing very substantially by doing this.

If anyone is thinking about submitting an audition, I'd encourage him or her to do it early in order to be able to go through this feedback process more fully. If I get a wave of auditions one day before the deadline, I'll very likely need to rush to make judgement so that people can start recording for the dub itself.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to check out our project!
I can't really explain it but I just scrolled past her, if you want me to I can give Sophia a whirl but I think you've heard most of my range by this point.

Signing of Azure
[Image: CoPQuxG.png]
You are definitely someone from whom I'd love to have a Sophia audition. If you have the time and the interest, by all means, have a go at it!

In addition, one of the minor female characters wound up falling through the cracks during the website's construction, and we finally got her back in there. If you or anyone else is curious, check the main character-list page for "Lumina." She's actually a very accessible part, with nice exposure compared to the other small roles yet still a low enough word-count to be a very quick job.

http://tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Du...htm#Lumina
Hey bud,
Seems we keep running into eachother.
There is only one week left before we close auditions. It's now or never!

We've had many great people give us submissions, and this is shaping up to be a great dub. In fact, we've had so many people try out that elmer and I are a bit overwhelmed. We've decided that although we will keep the May 19th deadline for initial submissions, we would like to keep working with people for another ten days or so after that time so that everyone has a chance to make revisions based on feedback. We hope to have casting decided by the start of June, and all principle recording done during that month.

Many thanks to everyone who has auditioned so far!

(05-03-2017, 06:24 AM)IndieGameVO Wrote: Hey bud,
Seems we keep running into eachother.

Indeed. I hope we can have that chat sometime soon. In the meantime, I've just got to spend all the time I can on replying to auditionees. Big Grin
There are about 24 hours left before we close auditions.

We've had a fantastic response - nearly 150 individual people and over 1000 individual character auditions have come our way since we opened. The talent we've seen is equally incredible, and this dub looks like it's really going to turn out nicely.

Like I said in the post above, we've decided that while we won't accept new candidates after tomorrow, we will continue to work with existing ones and accept updates until the end of the month. This way, everyone gets a chance to respond to feedback.

Anyway, it really is now or never. We haven't made up our minds about any of the casting yet - every part is still wide open. Now is your chance! We hope to hear from you!