Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
party blue yeti shockmount third

Third party Blue Yeti Shockmount
If you have a Blue Yeti like me, you may have struggled to isolate it from vibrations. I've long since had it on a boom stand but I recently swapped it for a desk arm and one of these shockmounts. It's by a third party so it's way cheaper than the official one. Whilst £20 seems steep I'm pretty happy with it. Together with the arm and a cheap pop screen I'm getting much better recordings.
I had issues with a Yeti picking up vibrations from heads moving in external hard drives on an adjacent desk. I fixed this by placing the drives on a mix of styrofoam and bubble wrapping. For the Yeti itself placing it on a folded cloth was sufficient to stop most severe vibrations (including the keyboard right next to it). Ghetto solutions for those with no wallet like myself.
(01-14-2017, 05:56 AM)IskatuMesk Wrote: I had issues with a Yeti picking up vibrations from heads moving in external hard drives on an adjacent desk. I fixed this by placing the drives on a mix of styrofoam and bubble wrapping. For the Yeti itself placing it on a folded cloth was sufficient to stop most severe vibrations (including the keyboard right next to it). Ghetto solutions for those with no wallet like myself.

Hey if it works it works! actually I recently found the biggest source of noise for me was the usb wire touching the mic, the shock mount helped as it separated it. Glad you found a solution! I wish I'd thought of it could have save some money!
Yeah, the Yeti is super sensitive to any kind of contact vibrations. I also found it's super sensitive for air turbulence, which was a pretty big deal during summer when I am running all these industrial grade fans.