Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
recording room

Recording Room
Where do you usually record your voice overs? Do you have a specially designed, sound proof room, where you do your work? Can you do it in regular space as well, without noise interference?
lol i don't think anyone here can afford a booth. normal room with lots of towels for me

Signing of InkLING ARE YOU A KID OR A SQUID?
I also heard towels work well when trying to block out unwanted noise. I never tried it out myself, seeing as how much time I usually spend editing my recordings. Big Grin
i wouldn't go crazy but a few well placed can help. For most people though moving the microphone way from the PC helps more than anything else.

Signing of InkLING ARE YOU A KID OR A SQUID?
I just record in my bedroom, which is both convenient and not at the same time. It means I can record whenever I feel like it. The downside is I have some of the noisiest neighbours imaginable on the other side of the wall... It always seems just as I get into my recording groove, they start arguing and shouting amongst themselves and the mike always picks it up! I just wait for them to die down but they can go for 20 minutes at a time which means I just sit there waiting Tongue
I long for a proper recording space, I share a house with "Muggles" who don't know I voice act so I have to snatch recording time. It was especially bad when I had a house mate called " hoover guy" he hoovered for about an hour a day every day. I couldn't even get narration stuff recorded. Sad
I heard that some people do their voice over works in their closet. It sounds uncomfortable but the enclosed nature and all the clothes inside of it will help the process.
(03-14-2016, 11:09 AM)Azure Wrote: I long for a proper recording space, I share a house with "Muggles" who don't know I voice act so I have to snatch recording time. It was especially bad when I had a house mate called " hoover guy" he hoovered for about an hour a day every day. I couldn't even get narration stuff recorded. Sad
Why don't you tell them about what you do so that they'll understand and be quiet when you do your recordings? I'm sure they won't mind with it Smile