Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
male roles of variety pilot minor crime series for

Paid Variety of minor male roles for crime series pilot!
This is obviously an addendum to this thread from a while back. So long story short, I've had a few voice actors find themselves unavailable on my project and am now looking for some versatile male VAs who are able to give life to any of the following roles. Minimum pay is $5, up to $30 depending on how many/which roles you do. Deadline is mid-October. My email is jackwilliamsaint@gmail.com.

As a small advisory notice, this series is fairly serious and realistic in nature - so generally err more towards understated auditions rather than being overly caricatured and cartoonish. Feel free to send multiple takes!

MAIN ROLES: 

Raymond Evellam - Early 40s - White
Born sickly and weak, Raymond was a home-ridden shut-in for much of his childhood, and as he grew it became abundantly clear he was no match for his bold and charismatic father - he would live, painfully self-aware of the fact, in his dad’s shadow. The eccentric billionaire's tone is somewhat nervous and nasally- and his accent, a mix of Northern American stereotypes (Canadian and Minnesota Nice being most prominent), complement this nicely. Raymond wants to be a strong, confident man - but he isn’t. For a core inspiration, think Fargo’s Lester Nygaard - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jDNTWFKv1E&t=50s  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKbMRDHR7E

LINE: WAIT! Wait. I'm sorry. Please just give me one moment longer. I'm looking for a kind of community protector type role here, and your record makes you a, hrm, "prime cut".

Magnus Molony - Mid-40s - White (GENUINE NORTHERN IRISH VOICE ACTOR STRONGLY PREFERRED - willing to raise pay for this

A charismatic Northern Irish Union Leader. He’s actually the main antagonist of the series! A Belfast native and sufferer of the Troubles, Magnus is a political intellectual at heart who has made it his duty to take control of what he sees as a corrupt and money-led world. An avid reader of Marx, Lenin, Joyce and Wilde - but also a man of the people, with a charismatic and commanding tone. 

LINE: You can't fool me, Mister Stiletto. I might be a simple working man, but I'll do anything I can to keep my people safe.

Hadley Halliday - Late 30s - White

A famed mega-rich hotelier. Flamboyant and androgynous, confident in his speaking and always with a smile on his face - Hadley floats through the world, indifferent to the judgement and opinions of others. For voice inspiration, think Hunter X Hunter's Hisoka - https://youtu.be/ub2e0Rkdoz0?t=257 

LINE: Come now. You can see it, can’t you? The gunfights, the punch-ups, the showdowns, the hoedowns. You’re addicted.

SUPPORTING ROLES:

Barnaby Jones - Early 30s - Black

A deep-voiced, broad-shouldered linebacker-turned-experimental geneticist. A gentle, affable fella. American, but with no established state of origin (go with whatever you're most comfortable with).

LINE: You think this workload's enough to keep me down? Well you don't know Barnaby Jones!

Teddy - Mid-30s - Black (Black voice actor preferred)
Teddy is a man who always has a plan. Born in the slums of Baton Rouge Louisiana, Teddy’s always had aspirations of something greater, and his manner of sleazy jive-talking slickness has long been his main weapon for talking his way out of any situation - even if his tendency to go on long tangents in an attempt to sound convincing, end up getting him in more trouble than he started in.

LINE: You gotta evolve or die in this, man. I don't like it, but it's like, primal nature or some shit. Need stronger nets for the bigger fish. Gotta get more gadgets for the utility belt, you dig? Batman!

Tamotan Documentary Narrator - 50s - White
A stereotypical 1950s-era American voice-over. He serves as a narrator for a documentary on the mysterious Tamotan Peninsula. Sort of a Carnival show-man sound.

LINE: The Tamotan Peninsula. A forgotten land, found through the darkenedcracks of a barren landscape. asnowy void, where civilisation is buried and empire is a foreign idea...

MINOR/SINGLE-LINE ROLES:

Mr. Lee - Late 70s - White
In Baton Rouge, Mister Lee finds himself out of his element - he’s a real New York gangster, with a machismo born out of classic prohibition-era mafia dealings. Like many of his time and profession, Lee drinks and smokes plenty, so it’d definitely come across in his voice.

LINE: Sure, I'm old. I'm ancient in this work, boy - and I know it a lot better than you do. So I know what's good business... and I know a bad businessman.

‘Tubs’ - Early 40s - Black (Black voice actor preferred)
A big, deep-voiced, affable Louisianian. 'Tubs' has been roped into Teddy's crime scheme, despite clearly not fitting in that world. There’s a clear lack of confidence in Tubs’ voice.

LINE: Please, mister... You got us pegged wrong.

Lee’s Thug - Late 30s - White/Black
Another Baton Rouge native. He’s also got a rough, scratchy voice to him.

LINE: Mind if I go take a piss, boss?

Radio Presenter - 40s - White
The radio announcer for the station Travis is tuned in. It’s a local station, so likely to be a Southerner - maybe a bit of an Elvis Presley twang? Not as clear with what I want from this guy, just would prefer him to be clearly differentiated from the 60s Documentary Narrator if possible.

LINE: Our fighting boys and girls may yet have their time in the proving ground- with enemies at all directions, time may come again to show what 'spirit' means to America.

Penwright Theatre Radio Voices -

A ridiculous and overacted production. Imagine a bunch of Americans trying, badly, to emulate Shakespearean theatre.

LINE: Oh, Debbie, if only I were able to stop!

Officer Lipnicky - Mid 20s - White
A Louisianian Police Officer. A new recruit, who clearly sounds younger and less experienced than the others.

LINE: I'll be okay, Sarge. Just wanna do my part!

Other Officer - Late 50s - White
A grizzled old veteran Louisianian Police Officer.

LINE: Somebody shoot that dumbass!
NEW ROLE UP FOR GRABS!

SUPPORTING ROLE:

Barnaby Jones - Early 30s - Black
A deep-voiced, broad-shouldered linebacker-turned-experimental geneticist. A gentle, affable fella. American, but with no established state of origin (go with whatever you're most comfortable with).

LINE: You think this workload's enough to keep me down? Well you don't know Barnaby Jones!

As usual, send as many takes as you'd like.
Hi Jack,

I reached out to you with an audition via email.

Best,

- Nathan.
Just a quick bump to say I'm still on the look-out for the roles of Barnaby, Lee's Thug and Tubs!