Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
a female short sample song vocalist for looking

Looking for a Female Vocalist for a short song sample
Hey! How's it going everyone! So I'm here because my friends are doing their "2 Minute Songs" challenge. Part 1 was a cover of a song and now part 2 is an original song. The goal is for each of us to make a 2 minute song and then everyone can vote for their favorite.  I'm looking for a female vocalist for a 20 second-ish chorus. This is an original song with themes of struggle and trying to find your way after falling. I'll post the lyrics here as well as links for the song. I am by no means an expert on any of this and this is purely for fun and learning. The chorus starts at 10 seconds and goes to 32 seconds then the rap verse comes in. (Please be merciful I'm not a rapper or singer haha!) Then the chorus repeats at 1:17.

HOME (WORKING TITLE)

CHORUS

They say you don't gotta go home but you can't stay here

And no, I don't wanna be alone in the world out there

You don't gotta go home but you can't stay here

And no, I don't wanna be alone in the world out there

VERSE 1

At the drop of a hat, it's just like that

I'm back at the bottom, falling harder than autumn

Looking for a home, the place i used to own

Now i'm stuck here waitin', at times debatin'

Gotta move on, i'm like yo come-on

I'm looking all around, i know they want me gone

Tried to change my ways, but the struggle remains

My damn life always got me running through this little maze

I'm lost in the mind, so lost in the thought

So it's back to the hustle, back to the grind

They say the mind is willing, but the body is weak

Tried to sit here chillin', but it feels so bleak

The more things change, the more they stay the same

My life is like clockwork, I can't rearrange

Try to turn it back around, Home is what i never found

All these people playin', when I come they be sayin'

PIANO VERSION: app.box.com/s/wuhlsbnvhnnpesn1k5z8em0qqtywatot
REGULAR VERSION: app.box.com/s/ltxl9jzsuwonxfkxyc2g9seaicbpsekn
Song w/Chorus sung by me (I'm bad haha): app.box.com/s/wket6q9higoqg59vssdzymcxxk3lpmkq

So there you have it. Feel free to experiment with the chorus. I prefer it the way I sang it, but by no means is it set in stone. There is no particular style I'm looking for. I may also end up adding some drums to the song as well. Have fun! You can send me your files (mp3 or WAV) at the_tedsta978@yahoo.com. The deadline will be Sunday, March 26TH, 8pm EST.
Shame I ain't got the right set of biological vocals for this one haha. I'll be sure to send this to some people I know see if their interested.

P.S.Loving your vocals pal, sounds nice!

P.S.S. Not heard Fort Minor for a good few years, gonna dig out the old Rising Tied album and give it a good nostalgia listen, thanks for that pal. Big Grin
Ok, so part 2 of the challenege has begun! The first post has been updated! Thanks for looking!