Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
interview cristina with vee 2009

Interview With Cristina Vee (2009)
I've been going through my old voiceacting.co.uk backups and will be reposting old content for archive purposes:

Voice Actress Cristina Vee kindly took time out to answer a few questions. Cristina's roles have included Aika Sumeragi in AIKa R-16: Virgin Mission and Melissa in Tweeny Witches.
1. Can you tell us about yourself?
Sure! My name is Cristina Valenzuela. I'm an obsessive compulsive (no joke!) college student living in Long Beach, where I attend CSULB as a theater major. I'm 21 years old. I LOVE playing video games (especially DDR), reading, watching anime and I'm a big time Joss Whedon fangirl.

2. What made you start voice acting?
I'm not really sure when I started, actually... when I was younger, I used to memorize the scripts to my favorite Disney movies verbatim, mute the TV, and perform the entire movie all by myself. When I was in middle school, me and my best friend discovered the subtitled VHS of the Sailor Moon movies. We used to lock ourselves in her room for hours on end making our own dubs of the films. We used a tape recorder and some cups and plastic bags for sound effects. Those were seriously some of the funnest days of my life! Eventually I discovered that there was an entire community online where people posted auditions and created fandubs. That was a whole new world for me. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have achieved what I have today if it weren't for the FLAVA and VAA boards. They've provided invaluable experience!

3. How did you make the transition from amateur to professional?
I was invited to audition at Bang Zoom after I did a voice acting workshop at Anime Expo. I was 16 at the time, and it took me about 4 years to land a major character.
4. What inspires you?
Anime, acting, and music are very important parts of my life. I have found my identity within them and with the people who also share this love. When I sing, I sing to someone who has impacted me in some way. When I act, I draw on the experiences I've had with my friends and family. They are the people who inspire me to keep going.

8. Have you ever felt like giving up?
Wow, yes. When you pursue a career in acting, it can be so difficult to learn how to be rejected on a regular basis. There is so much talent out there and these days work is scarce. It also doesn't help that OCD already makes everyday living sometimes very difficult. But I just can't give up this dream. No matter how hard I may fall on my face, I'll never stop singing and acting. It's an essential part of me.
9. Can you tell us what you are up to now?
I'm going to a bunch of cons this year as a guest, and I even get to perform live at a couple! I've done a few video games that are coming out in a couple months, one of which I am so excited about (but can't talk about yet). I'm also in a show (live theater) called "Chavez Ravine" where I will act, sing, and play the drum set. It's going to be directed by Edgar Landa of Culture Clash, which is amazing! But yeah, right now my main focus is to graduate from college so that I can move to Burbank and really start auditioning for more projects.
10. What are your aims for the future?
I'm going to fully devote my life to acting and singing. If that doesn't work out, I won't have any regrets. I have amazing people in my life and I'm going to be happy no matter which path is chosen for me.

Signing of Azure
[Image: CoPQuxG.png]