Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
various songs project fandub team rocket

Fan Dub Various Team Rocket Songs Fandub Project
Greetings! I'm a Pokémon junkie! 

Terrible introduction aside, one of my favorite aspects of the Pokémon franchise is the music produced by the anime. The problem, however, is the fact that the English dub takes all of that out, especially the songs that play during the credits (also known as "ending themes"). I've been working on dubbing many of these songs into English, but there's a new problem on my hands: The songs performed by Team Rocket. Writing English lyrics is easy enough, but I can't for the life of me replicate any of their voices. (except for Wobbuffet, more or less) I noticed that there are a fair amount of talented folks here, so I thought maybe I could ask for some help in that regard. 

Jessie
Bio: To say this young woman is a "jack of all trades, master of none" is a bit of an understatement. Among other things, she was a scholar, a biker, a nurse (in training), and a model. Although vain and easily angered, she is a pivotal member of the dastardly trio we know and love, and is not afraid to take action in any situation.
Voice type/accent: I'd like auditions for this character to be based on Rachel Lillis' portrayal of her. I'll have a YouTube video linked below for use as a reference. From what I can tell, Rachel Lillis used a generic American accent, although I can't say for sure. As long as there is at least some semblance to what the video shows, I can be flexible with the accent.
Line 1: (Angrily) What kind of idiot do you take me for? Everyone knows that Gloom-scented hair gel is for CLOWNS! I'm taking my business elsewhere!
Line 2: (Mockingly) What's the matter, twerp? You think I took something from you? Why would I, an amazingly talented, stunningly gorgeous wanted criminal, have anything to do with your pedigree Eevee likely worth millions of dollars? There's just NO way I'd sell her, or wor-her head's poking out of my bag, isn't it?

James
Bio: Born into a life of luxury, James could have whatever his heart desired. Except for who to marry, his parents chose for him. His equally rich bride-to-be was, unfortunately, the most controlling, overbearing individual conceivable. Not wanting to marry this monster, James abandoned everything, from his olympic-sized swimming pool to his loyal pet, Growlie. He seems to have found his place in life as a member of Team Rocket, but he has a history of bouncing from place to place. 
Voice type/accent: I'd like auditions for this character to be based on Eric Stuart's portrayal of him. I'll have a YouTube video linked below for use as a reference. From what I can tell, Eric Stuart used some kind of British accent, although I can't say for sure. As long as there is at least some semblance to what the video shows, I can be flexible with the accent.
Line 1: That's odd, I could have sworn I had 165 bottlecaps in my collection. I didn't drop any back in Lumiose City, did I?!
Line 2: (Angrily) I can't believe I spent all that money on such a worthless Pokéball! Premier, my foot! The only thing special about it is the color, and it doesn't even look that great! I'd rather organize a Choice Scarf assembly line than use this piece of trash!

Meowth
Bio: Perhaps the most tragic of the Rocket trio, Meowth had always been alone. In an attempt to impress a girl, he taught himself to walk on two legs and form words and sentences just like humans. His efforts resulted in rejection. Now branded a freak and unable to live like a normal Pokémon, Meowth now works for the only people who don't seem to care too much about it: the notorious Team Rocket. Oddly enough, he's noticeably outgoing and amorous.
Voice type/accent: I'd like auditions for this character to be based on Maddie Blaustein's portrayal of him. I'll have a YouTube video linked below for use as a reference. From what I can tell, Maddie Blaustein used a Brooklyn accent, but I could be wrong. As long as there is at least some semblance to what the video shows, I can be flexible with the accent.
Line 1: So, as I was sayin' to that know-it-all Purrloin, if ya wanna see a buncha water, take a trip to Alola. Those trainers have to take an ocean liner just to pay their girlfriends a visit.
Line 2: What a day to live! I got a comfy chair, something worth readin' and a......wait, is this line really settin' me up to get conned by some salesman? What kind of two-bit writer comes up with these lazy quotes! 

All auditions are to be recorded in either .mp3 or .wav format. I expect clean audio, with little to no background noise. Auditions should be named as such:
name-character-lineno.mp3/wav

To prevent confusion, here is an example:
mariosmentor-James-Line1.mp3

REMEMBER: The name you use on your audition files will be how I credit you once these fandubs are finished. If you do not wish to be credited, use the name "anonymous."

As the thread title indicates, this project will focus primarily on singing. There will be multiple songs I intend to dub, so I may as well list them all right here, for the sake of letting you know beforehand:

Team Rocket Forever
Meowth's Party
Face Forward Team Rocket!
Polka O Dolka
Team Rocket's Team Song
Meowth's Ballad

Below this sentence are reference videos for use with your auditions, both for talking and singing. 

Team Rocket (Talking): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMIR8ZofveM

Meowth (Talking): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUi2XEJBf9U

Team Rocket (Singing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngovaH86VVU

Meowth (Singing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7vLAeO9nA

All auditions are to be emailed to awesomegamer417@gmail.com. Audition deadline is November 20th.