Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
hanasaku iroha english fandub

Fan Dub Hanasaku Iroha English Fandub
[Image: Hanasaku%20Iroha%20Poster%20VAS%202_zpsigpppavo.jpg]
Introduction
Hey everyone! From the same directors who brought you four episodes of "Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day English Fandub", "The Petgirl of Sakurasou One Shot Episode" (Kerubin Pictures) and the upcoming "Anohana: A letter to Menma English Fandub", we present our next upcoming major project! We present the "Hanasaku Iroha English Fandub"! We are currently looking to cast voice actors and voice actresses to portray various characters in this series. If you have not heard or have yet to watch Hanasaku Iroha, I highly recommend doing so before auditioning for this project! (There are some spoilers in this casting call!) If you don't feel like it (Which I totally understand!) Check out the summary below for a quick understanding of the series!

Summary
(Courtesy of Wikipedia) "Hanasaku Iroha centers around Ohana Matsumae, a 16-year-old girl living in Tokyo, who is left in the care of her estranged grandmother, following her mother's elopement with her boyfriend. Ohana arrives at her grandmother's country estate to realize her grandmother is the owner of a hot spring inn called Kissuisō. She begins working at Kissuisō at her grandmother's request, but finds herself at odds with many employees and customers at the inn. Initially feeling discouraged, she decides to use her circumstances as an opportunity to change herself for the better and to make amends with her deteriorating relationship with the Kissuisō's staff for a more prominent future." 

Deadline & Casting
As of now, the deadline is set at March 1st, 2018. I currently have NO plans to extend the deadline. However, if there is a situation where an extension is needed, this page will be updated immediately. I will NOT be casting before the deadline. I will be playing the role of "Koichi Tanemura" (Not listed here).

Auditions & What I'm looking for!
For each role available, I have prepared a "Reference video" in numerical order (Line 1 is clip 1) of the exact moments in the series where that character is saying the audition lines! Each video also comes with subtitles coming from the script to notify the viewer which line it is! Each line is written in a way designed to match the lip flaps of the character speaking! I highly recommend watching the "Reference Videos" to help with tone and how the lines should sound! Anytime there is an anime/action noise indicated by *...*, it is expected to be in your audition.  Any auditions not containing anime/action noises as indicated will be notified.  I am looking for voice actors and actresses that have acting ability with clear mics that have little to no background noise.  (Note: Please keep a positive attitude throughout production! Would rather the negativity stay out of this production!) 

What to expect and When to expect it!
If casted, you can expect a friendly and warm environment to showcase your voice acting ability! As well as receiving a final product of this entire production.  We are looking to produce both seasons of this series. (First season between Ep 1-13, second season between 14-26) If you'd like any idea of how I edit fandubs, definitely check out the four episodes of Anohana that are currently live and the upcoming movie that's coming out soon!  Production should start as soon as casting is done! (Subject to change) I expect all lines to be turned in before the deadline and whoever is casted to be committed! Deadlines will usually be set about two-three weeks apart from each other (Subject to change) Two different directors will edit episodes in hopes to release episodes at a faster pace.  There will also be a website up for this series similar to the one created for "Anohana: A letter to Menma" You can check out an example here!(https://kerubinpictures.wixsite.com/anohanamoviedub) This could possibly be about a year long commitment.  I have zero tolerance for people whom are unresponsive or dropping from the project during production without good reason.  This is a group effort and the only way to make this work and be effective is if everyone participates  Smile 

Communication
The main form of communication for this project will be through "Discord". Cast members will be required to have a "Discord" to communicate with the directors and other cast members. Scripts, video scripts and lines will be delivered through email.

Pronunciation
In case you need help on pronunciation of certain words or names, here's a list! 

Ohana - Oh-Ha-Nah
Matsumae Mah-Tsu-Ma-Eh
Minchi Me-N-Chi
Tomoe - Toe-Moe-Eh
Takako - Tah-Kah-Koe
Yuina -Yoo-E-Nah
Kirito - Key-Ree-Toe
Kissuiso - Kiss-Oo-E-So
Shijima - She-Ji-Mah
Bonbori - Bon-Boe-Ri
Previous Works
If you'd like to see previous works of fandubs that I have done recently to get a feel of how I edit, take a look here!

Character List!
Due to the amount of characters within this casting call, I have placed all characters available in a Google Docs! All descriptions, vocal ranges, and reference videos are all packed in this Google Docs for your convenience! All characters are expected to have North American Accents unless otherwise noted in a line! 
Character List: (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uhVb...sp=sharing

How & Where to send!
The audition file should be sent to "hanasakuirohafandub@gmail.com" The email should be titled "Hanasaku Iroha Fandub Audition" and the file should be named "YourUserNameorName_CharacterYourAuditioningFor"  You may pack all audition lines in that one file. Preferably, the file should be in MP3 or WAV format. In the email, you can introduce yourself a bit if you'd like, who you're auditioning for and you may include a demo reel. All of those are optional!

Final Notes
All lines are subject to change once the series commences. Anyone casted in any "Minor" role will also play extras as there's a ton in the series! Therefore, it is more likely that anyone playing "Minor" roles will voice more characters than the one they auditioned for.  If you have any questions, comments or concerns feel free to message me on here or my email "Houkagodubtime@gmail.com" and I'll try my best to reply as soon as I can Smile Good luck! and as always, have fun!!! Big Grin

- Houkago Dub Time & Kerubin Pictures

Welcome to the site, fantastically well written post. I'll get some tweets out for this!
[Image: CoPQuxG.png]