Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
1f unpaid updated closed video short voiceover skit 1m youtube quot

[CLOSED - YouTube Video] Short Voiceover "Skit" (Unpaid 1M/1F)
[CLOSED - YouTube Video] Short Voiceover "Skit" (Unpaid 1F/1M)

This project is unpaid. It will be for a video about voiceover that I'm making to post on YouTube. I will, of course, credit the chosen voice actors but please note I have a very low subscriber count on my channel (39 subscribers).

I'm looking for one male voice, and one female voice, for a very short segment in a video I'm making about voice over projects. The video will contain NO violence, swearing, or adult content.

AVAILABLE ROLES:

"College Grad"
Accent: ANY (See description)
Description: This character will be visually depicted as a young adult Asian man with glasses and short, slightly wavy dark-brown hair. Any English-based accent is acceptable (ex: American, Canadian, Australian, etc.) OR an Asian accent (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.) I strongly prefer auditions in the voice actors' own natural accent! If you'd like to try more than one accent, please feel free to. This role should have a generally upbeat and optimistic sound for the voice type, but will also need to express confusion and dismay.
Total number of Lines: 5 (including the audition line)

Audition Line:
"Sweet! I've finally moved out of my parents' place and into my own apartment. Let me just check the mail... Hmm, my first electric bill."

"Electric Company Phone Rep"
Accent: ANY (see description)
Description: This character will be visually depicted as a Caucasian woman with very fair skin and super short light brown hair. Any English-based accent is acceptable (ex: American, Canadian, Australian, etc.) as well as any foreign Caucasian accent (ex: French, Russian, German, etc.) I strongly prefer auditions in the voice actors' own natural accent! If you'd like to try more than one accent, please feel free to. All lines for this role should have a very cheerful, "customer service" tone of voice..
Total number of Lines: 3 (including the audition line)

Audition Line:
"Thank you for calling Metro Electric, how can I help you?"

The following role was cast after the original deadline of November 1st, 2017:
 "Project Owner"
Accent: ANY (it literally does not matter)
Description: An over-excited project creator, over-the-top enthusiasm about her project. Smile Visually depicted as a Caucasian, red-haired adult woman. 

Audition Lines:
(please ONLY record for the project owner and don't record the voice actor's lines. Please note the 'voice actor' role has already been filled through scouting, her lines are only included here to give context.)
PROJECT OWNER: "Hey, want to be in my project?"
(VOICE ACTOR: "Maybe, what's it about?")
PROJECT OWNER: "Well, I haven't exactly written it yet... I need writers, editors, and an animator, too. But I've got a great idea for this series all about roaming tribes of space pirate cat people. It'll be really cool, I promise! So how about it?"
(VOICE ACTOR: "Uhhh........")

No more than 3 takes per line, please! Feel free to improv if you'd like, but please include at least 1 take as written. Smile

To audition, please record the audition line for the role you wish to try out for, and send it to me at:
rebekahamberclark@gmail.com

Either .WAV or .MP3 format is appreciated! No preference between mono or stereo. Please do include the name you'd like to be credited by if cast for the role! This can be in the message body of the e-mail, or in an attached .txt file. I really have no instructions for file naming, anything like YourName_CharacterName.filetype or similar is just fine! Please do send all takes of the audition line in one file if possible -- but it's also fine to break them up if you need to. Smile

OLD Deadline: November 1st at 11:00 P.M. Central Standard Time.
NEW Deadline: November 8th, 2017 by midnight Central Standard Time. I will, of course, wait until that deadline has past before making a casting decision, and I WILL get back to everyone who auditions regardless of the outcome!

Please note: For the voice actors who are cast, I will need the complete set of *finished* lines for the project back by no later than Wednesday, November 15th to give me time to edit the video for upload on the 17th of November.

If you won't be available to record between the 9th and 15th but you would still like to audition, please feel free to send me an email and I will send you the FULL script (5 lines for one role, 3 lines for the other) and you can record all lines before the deadline if you wish. Please understand that I will not be making a casting decision before November 9th, though, so even if you have chosen to record all the lines you may or may not be the one cast for the role. Smile

If you have any questions, please ask!
Thank you so much, and I hope to hear from you! Smile
Thank you everyone! The original deadline has passed, and the first role has been cast. Smile I've updated the original thread with a NEW deadline (November 8th, 2017 before midnight) and two new roles. Thanks again!
Audition sent!

Signing of StantonVoice Stanton Nichols
Voice Actor | stantonvoice.com
Audition sent.

-Elric