Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
com beware voices

Beware voices.com
just a quick shout to avoid voices.com, apparently they take 60% of the project which essentially means less for you and your client pays more for less. There's a discussion on reddit about it

FYI they are saying voices.com advertise on other sites, so beware of anyone in business with them.

Signing of InkLING ARE YOU A KID OR A SQUID?
Perhaps there is some way to do this, but I'm not as adept as other users... Is there a way we could start a front page priority thread for cases such as this?

I've had my run ins with shady dealers and sites in the past that have tried to seduce me into a seemingly lucrative deal, only for me to catch on to their villainous antics before any real harm could be done. It would certainly be of great help to have a visible page/thread that gives every user of the site a fair warning and awareness of every dastardly cretin that attempts such actions in the future.
I've stickied this, so it'll appear at the top of the forum. I'm not sure if I can sticky to the portal but I'll look into it.
I'm gonna look at the reddit discussion tomorrow after work, but right now I feel really good about cancelling my year's subscription and getting a refund for it. This kinda scares me...
(03-20-2016, 06:41 AM)Mythical.Lanterns Wrote: I'm gonna look at the reddit discussion tomorrow after work, but right now I feel really good about cancelling my year's subscription and getting a refund for it. This kinda scares me...

Yeah it's kinda crappy, I'd be interested to know how the refund procedure goes for you.
(03-20-2016, 12:00 PM)Azure Wrote:
(03-20-2016, 06:41 AM)Mythical.Lanterns Wrote: I'm gonna look at the reddit discussion tomorrow after work, but right now I feel really good about cancelling my year's subscription and getting a refund for it. This kinda scares me...

Yeah it's kinda crappy, I'd be interested to know how the refund procedure goes for you.

Actually I've already gone through the process! It was kinda crappy cause of Paypal mostly since they held my funds for a full week (which is like $500 CAD... OUCH), but voices.com themselves were very accommodating with the whole thing!
They seem to be harvesting emails from this site to spam. I've told them that should they do so again they will be liable £100 admin fee to be paid to a charity of their choice. If they spam any of you, please kick up a fuss on social media.
Perhaps there is some way to do this, but I'm not as adept as other users.....