Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
odyssey forwardmomentum sea of now stars seaofstarsodyssey casting soso starblazers

Audio Drama Sea of Stars Odyssey now casting!
Hello Voice Actors!

Forward Momentum Productions is proud to announce that we have an open casting call for our latest project! This series is a massive 26-episode space opera with well over ONE HUNDRED roles to cast! Everything from the core roles of our ensemble, to “Pilot 'A'” or “Person in Hallway”... its all up for grabs!

Because of the sheer scope of this project, all audition lines and character info can be found on our casting call page, HERE.

ABOUT THE PROJECT:

A sequel to our beloved “Sea of Stars: A Voyage of the Space Cruiser Argo”, Odyssey is set in the Star Blazers universe, in the year 2267, over sixty years after the end of the original TV series, and nearly fifty since the end of “Voyage.”
Set aboard the Solar Federation battleship “Argo”, Odyssey is a twenty-six episode audio epic space opera. The story focuses on the crew of the Argo, as they deal with everything from galactic-level politics, to the fate of humanity itself as our world becomes engulfed by a race with nigh god-like technological ability.
The show will release in two, 13-episode seasons. All scripts are written and ready for recording as soon as the cast is finalized. This will cut down on lag time for the cast, you will get all your recording material at once, no surprise additional lines six months from now.

THE DETAILS:

- All auditions should be in mp3, m4a or wav format, at or near CD quality if you can manage it.
- Naming convention for auditions is “Character Name_YOUR NAME.mp3”.
- All audition lines for a single character in a file is fine.
- Critiques available upon request.
- General advice: this project is NOT Pokemon, or MLP. Cute, chirpy voices are not appropriate.
- Send all auditions to This Address

DUE TO THE SHEER SIZE OF THE PROJECT, THE AUDITION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15th AT 6:00pm PST.
- Dev

Director/Producer
Forward Momentum Productions
Auditions Update!

We've been getting a lot of really incredible auditions! The turnout has been staggering, but a some of the characters are lagging a bit behind the rest, these people need more love! If you haven't sent in auditions yet, or even if you have and want to spread a wider net, give these characters a shot.

Male characters:
Carlos Jimenez
John Sinclair
Tyler Simmons
Jack Watts
Baharuk Gau
Zanza Gara
Lawru Kresh
Emperor Desslok
Masterson
Admiral Kine
Boti Rukali
Minya
Jenner
Captain Raijillio
Admiral Drake
Ambassador Benedict Sheridan

Female characters:
Susan Haruna (we've gotten some really good auditions for Susan, but no one's QUITE nailed it yet.)
Liz Bishop
Mary Bishop
Deela Rukali
Nara Vunken

Any gender characters:
Series Narrator
Zero (NEW LISTING, this character wasn't in the original casting call)
“Sensei”

And we ALWAYS need more incidentals! Send in an Incidental audition and you WILL get at least one role, if not more.
- Dev

Director/Producer
This project looks amazing! I'll be auditioning for few of the characters. Is it a paid project? thanks!
All of the squishy voice over love  Heart
(01-12-2018, 10:46 AM)ImaginaryHolly Wrote: This project looks amazing! I'll be auditioning for  few of the characters. Is it a paid project? thanks!

I wish it could be. Unfortunately two things bar me form paying the cast. First, this is a fan project. therefore it's not ever for sale. That leads to the second reason, I just can't afford it. Sad

That said, I've been known to help cast members with web design, custom artwork or demo reels/editing on their other projects.
- Dev

Director/Producer
Auditions Update, Round Two!

We're about a month till the end of the casting call, and things are already beginning to firm up! A lot of roles have several fantastic auditions logged already, but we can always use more!  If you haven't sent in auditions yet, or even if you have and want to spread a wider net, these characters are your best bet. Characters listed with Emphasis really need auditions quick.

Male characters:
Carlos Jimenez
Tyler Simmons 
Jack Watts
Baharuk Gau
Zanza Gara
Lawru Kresh
Emperor Desslok
Masterson
Minya
Jenner
Captain Raijillio
Admiral Drake
Ambassador Benedict Sheridan

Female characters:
Liz Bishop
Mary Bishop
Nara Vunken

Any gender characters:
Series Narrator
Zero 
“Sensei”

And we ALWAYS need more incidentals! Send in an Incidental audition and you WILL get at least one role, if not more.
- Dev

Director/Producer